Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jaeyol Han: Fine Artist. Seoul, South Korea.

"Jaeyol Han: There are no boring subjects, only uninterested minds"






BPP: Who are you? And who you really are?

Jaeyeol Han: I'm Jaeyeol Han, I’m an artist, a painter; that's who I really am. Born 1983, I’m based in Seoul, South Korea.




BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Jaeyeol Han: There are no boring subjects, only uninterested minds.



BPP: What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and
calmness in your heart?

Jaeyol Han: As time goes by, when I'm very, very old I just want to see my last painting. Also that's the reason I'm painting. It's so curious, I want to see where it takes me - who knows where it takes me - it could be amazing!




BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Jaeyol Han:  First of all, North and South Korea have to be United Korea. Second, Art has never really been not a Korean priority. Now, the interest in art is very low indeed. Why do the majority of people ever stop playing and creating? Do they ever really stop? They have to be creative now more than ever before. Now is the time. 



BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Jaeyol Han: No, If I were young again, I would want to study abroad, to broaden my horizons, expand my consciousness -and I would want to paint more and more.




BPP: What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life? How did you feel at this very moment?

Jaeyol Han: Mmmm . . . tricky question, its origins probably go further back than recollection gives me access to . . . it has its own nascent history, one that constantly called out to me . . . I searched for it in college but the turning point, my epiphany if you like, came when I was in Ireland - testing myself. I arrived there with a project already tentatively in progress when, one day, out of the blue, it dawned on me: the unity of what I do and the person I am. You might say I had traveled half way round the world to find myself as an artist. And here I am.



BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn't ask until now?

Jaeyol Han: Sure, That is all in three essays about me and my art. Feel free to check it out.





If you want to learn more about Jaeyol Han, please visit:

http://urgonnabeok.wix.com/hanjaeyeol



Photos copyright © Jaeyol Han:  All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment