Saturday, March 9, 2013

Yalena (Eleni Tsitsouli): Singer, Songwriter, Student in Medical Informatics. Volos, Greece





Yalena: "I cherish all my mistakes and all the hardships I’ve been through, as they sculpted my character"



BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Yalena: My name is Eleni Tsitsouli and my alter ego is Yalena. I am a singer, a songwriter and I am currently pursuing my second Master’s degree on Medical Informatics. My technocratic and artistic natures coexist in balance.





BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Yalena: Live your life on your own terms, and live it to the fullest.






BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Yalena: My dream is to make an impact on this world, both with my music and my science. I feel fulfilled even with the smallest of achievements in both fields.





BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Yalena: It certainly is a tough time for Greece. We are trying to recover from the deep economic, social, ethical and cultural crisis and rebuild our lives on a more stable basis. I wish the Greeks will face all the difficulties with mental strength and solidarity, as they have done so many times in the past. Finally, I wish all nations would put aside their unsubstantiated differences and cooperate for peace and prosperity.



BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Yalena: I’m confident that I would more or less make choices that would lead to who I am today. I cherish all my mistakes and all the hardships I’ve been through, as they sculpted my character.




BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Yalena: I realized I would get involved with Computer Science when I got my first computer at the age of 6. The moment I got in touch with my passion for singing was at the age of 10, when I listened to a Celine Dion album. It was a revelation to me, it made me feel fulfilled. I’ve never stopped singing since then.



BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Yalena: In the words of George Harrison : “I wanted to be successful, not famous." Thank you for taking the time to read this! Keep up the great work.




If you want to learn more about Yalena, please visit:










Photos copyright © Eleni Tsitsouli. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 











No comments:

Post a Comment