Saturday, May 18, 2013

Stelios Boutaris: Winemaker, Estate "Kyr Yianni", Greece






Stelios Boutaris: " Maybe, I am still a restless romantic, who does not want to grow up and face true life…"





BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Stelios Boutaris: I am a fifth generation winemaker, trying to make the best of the land I have in order to create wonderful world-class wines.  My aim is to establish Greek wines and particularly Kir-Yianni as modern, elegant and beautiful, deserving to be served on any table from San Francisco to Dubai and Oslo to Cape town!

Maybe, I am still a restless romantic, who does not want to grow up and face true life…









BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Stelios Boutaris: Think positive, work hard, enjoy every minute, life does only get better!







BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Stelios Boutaris: When I was young I wanted to be an architect… My true dream is to build a fantastic winery in our vineyard in Naoussa, North Greece.  Nothing fancy, just unique, beautiful, friendly, environmentally sound and ergonomically correct.





BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Stelios Boutaris: Life is tougher than anybody can imagine in Greece…We are at war, I am surprised there has not been a revolution yet…Still, Greeks have shown incredible patience and have, once more, proved that the ability of a Greek to rebound, adapt and adjust is unique.  Greece will be a better place I the years to come.
As for the planet, we have to drastically change the system we behave, interact and live.  There is something seriously wrong.




BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Absolutely! There are a few things I do regret, but not many!











BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Ever since I was a young kid, I knew I wanted to do what I do.  It is a great job, a great life.  I only wished I could spend more time in the vineyards.





If you want to learn more about Stlios Boutaris & "Kyr Yianni" Estate, please visit:



Photos copyright © Stelios Boutaris. All rights reserved.
 All contents  copyright © Ismini Karali 2011 - 2013. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment