Saturday, April 20, 2013

Christos Tsintsaris: Fine Artist. Thessaloniki, Greece

Christos Tsintsaris: ''The real beauty in life lies in the journey itself and not solely the destination"



BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?



Christos Tsintsaris: I am Christos, a red-blooded Greek whose passion for art revolves around an inner need to express feelings, emotions and ideology through oil painting.

Most of the time, I’m the type of person that just can’t sit still, constantly on the look-out for new stimuli, new experiences and an ever growing tendency to question things around me. I like to be cheeky and somewhat rebellious at times, as I strive to make sense of this crazy world!


BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Christos Tsintsaris: It has taken me a very long time to realize and understand that, much like Odysseus, the real beauty in life lies in the journey itself and not solely the destination. Don’t get me wrong, setting goals is of utmost importance, but regardless of the outcome, it’s the experiences gained along the way that matter. Apathy is man’s worst enemy, and I simply cannot understand those who live their lives without dreams & aspirations.
In a nutshell, what I’m really trying to say is… DREAM ON! Have fun, be true, be understanding, be kind, and always remain focused deep within, as one’s heart is their true compass.




BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Christos Tsintsaris: To be honest, I’m actually living it as we speak! Well, I guess my dream has many episodes, but I’ve always hoped to find a personal meaning to life –a calling- and I’m happy to have found it. Every time I pick up a pencil, or grab that tube of cadmium orange, and allow myself to be creative is living it. Basically, the DREAM is the pursuit of happiness, regardless of one’s socioeconomic situation. What could be more miraculous and soothing than a human soul being happy? After all, a smile is probably the most powerful human expression we all can share effortlessly.


BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Christos Tsintsaris: I’m not a politically active person, yet I believe politics, in the past few years has solely corrupted the fabric of our society. I feel a great deal of frustration and an even greater disgust with what is going on in Greece at the moment. Furthermore, on a global level, major corporations seem to be constantly gaining ground, and a sense of “the rich getting richer” has confirmed this dogma. However, I am a firm believer that change is crucial and it starts with every one of us. If only for a moment, we could forget everything and focus on doing what is right, the world would be a better place. Are we fair to others? Do we give love and appreciation to our neighbors? Are we companionate? Will we help one in need? It is actually a simple concept if you think about it, and changing the world starts with changing only one person –YOU!


BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Christos Tsintsaris: (laughs) Actually, I still am a child in a grownup’s body! To be honest though, I cannot be ungrateful for everything I’ve lived as these experiences have shaped who I am today. However, I have been through some really tough circumstances also, but instead of pondering to myself “what if”, I prefer focusing on the present. Today has the power to shape tomorrow and that is more significant than what had happened in the past.





BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Christos Tsintsaris: I have always had a “creativity” bug within, and it’s hard to live a normal life if you’re infected with it! (laughs) So, I knew I’d end up practicing some form of art in one way or another. I’ve experimented with many forms such as photography, interior design and, on a large extent, graphic design, but my one true passion has always been oil painting. After college, I went to work for the family business, and for many years I was focused on developing and expressing my creativity as an interior designer. It was a fascinating time for me as I got to meet some very interesting people and work on various projects. However, despite it being a rather fulfilling period, I felt something missing. So, I left everything behind and pressed restart, taking a deep-dive with no oxygen tank into the big world of fine art. I began painting vigorously, everyday, for endless hours trying to make up for lost time. I would paint until finger cramps got the best of me each day, yet these are the happiest days. Painting to me is like finding that center point within, where everything seems to buzz in harmony and it suddenly all makes sense.




BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Christos Tsintsaris: Nobody is perfect! Perfection is but an illusion that’s projected upon us to manipulate our perception of what is really beautiful. We all come into this world as individuals and must find ways to work together and not against each other or destructively against our planet. We owe it to ourselves and to the wellbeing of our children and future generations to protect the work of the best designer in the cosmos –our creator (or whatever one chooses to call him).




If you want to learn more about Christos Tsintsaris, please visit:






Photos copyright © Christos Tsintsaris. All rights reserved.
 All contents  copyright © Ismini Karali 2011 - 2013. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment