Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Valentina Brostean: Visual Artist. Novi sad, Yogoslavia.



Valentina Brosnean: "  I knew it at the very early stage, practically as a small child, I was involved in arts from the day I realized I can hold a pen in my hand"





BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Valentina Brostean: My name is Valentina Brostean. I'm an visual artist, mostly painter/ illustrator/ graphic designer. Born in former Yugoslavia,  in a small beautiful city called Novi sad, placed on the banks of the Danube river on the north. By the strange life circumstances and the paths of destiny (in which I strongly believe) I ended up living and creating in Italian city Torino, almost second year now.
Who I really am Is slightly more difficult to answer, I keep asking myself that almost every day! some parts of me are changing constantly in living and learning process but for sure the essence of me that still haven't changed for all this 29 years (and I hope it won't ever) is a fact that I am a huge dreamer  ("she the dreamer" will be my first tattoo that I 'm goanna get, like a reminder and greatest mark of who I am, never to forget,..because sometimes life want to trick you, puts you on a test joking with your state of mind and your true nature..) So that's who I am in the core, like a child trapped in the body of a grown up person, child that fights every day to keep his dreams and wishes alive! Restless wonderer, explorer, curious piece of body and soul, always looking for answers, always trying to understand and break deep into the meaning, into the essence of the things…









 BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Valentina Brostean: I have noticed more clearly recently that people don’t open up their selves anymore, we're all living by certain rules, certain rhythms that sometimes are creation of the society - not our own..but we easily forget ourselves and our human side, following those world vibrations and rules of the fast life many people became so robotized, forgetting the feelings, forgetting some deeper values beyond the value of money, fame, representational image of their projections… I would like to remind all of them how important is to love, to believe, to feel, to talk, to open up yourself, to be honest and good to everyone, especially to the ones that you love..forget the fake masks and fake designed images of who you would like to be to the world and instead of it just try to be in the peace and deeper understanding with ones that you care most for…I have seen many close samples of that abandonment of the values I personally cherish.. my modest wisdom for them would be "be the change that you want to see in the world, start from yourself" if we could all change ourselves in a more positive way I think that collective awareness and global feeling in this world would be much  different …and I feel strong need for it!






BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Valentina Brostean: To  chose between different dreams but of the almost same importance Is surely hard, especially that I had many dreams that come true but I never felt that kind of peace and calmness after, at least not more than two days or so..maybe it's the fault of my natureJ…I think life is a constant struggle and constant change and so is our internal feeling..but if I have to decide and pick one, most important  dream that I had since ever it would be that I have enough success and reach with my art (which also means to be paid for it decently), so I can freely live my life doing the best what I know to do - and that is to create. More specifically I would like to exhibit my art around the world and collaborate with various professionals that I respect, pretty much as I do now but to be more secure from the financial side, to travel on every of those places where I exhibit without scary feeling what will tomorrow bring and can I allow that to myself..for me traveling is one of the most important and beautiful things beside art that person can do , explore the world, breathe the world, embrace the world let the world teach you and change you - so basically that's it -  to be able travel with my partner that I love and to make art that will make some impactJ






BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Valentina Brostean: Life in Serbia, place where I was born and spent most of my life is really hard at this point. Unfortunately Blakan people had hard times and various political  turbulences in the past decades and in that sense nothing has changed yet, it's even getting worse and worse and country as well as people don’t have any decent opportunity to change and to reach some better place and progress. I wish, especially for the young people to get much more opportunities and openness to the world so they can evolve, get a chance to feel prosperity, better education and awareness, more job opportunities that would provide them higher quality of life.  At this point I don’t see many possibilities that can happen. Poisoned by the bad politic and corruption they kind of moving in the same circle for years without a decent chance for a change, sometimes it seems to me that the forces of evil are so bad that at the and maybe the only solution is to step forward and move out, like I did…





BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Valentina Brostean: Yeah, definitely I would!  certainly  I would pay much more attention on some important choices and mistakes that I made along the way but the general path would be the same..






BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Valentina Brostean: I knew it at the very early stage, practically as a small child, I was involved in arts from the day I realized I can hold a pen in my hand and do something with it! from that point without art I feel my life would be totally senseless…it is a strange feeling because being an artist demands much more effort and constant insecurity than many daily regular jobs, the ways of creativity are unpredictable and there are many dark phases in  searching  process as well as ones of complete enlighten when  the creative goal is achieved, …so it's a constant roller coaster  and the feeling of uncertainty  is always present but it kind of makes life exciting and never like a routine..







BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Valentina Brostean:The questions and answers are numerous but I think for this opportunity I said enough. Anyways I hope my art will tell much more than I 'm able to express with the words..sometimes it seems that words are not enough, that's why I hope everyone who will see this interview would search much more deeper in hidden meanings and feelings that I hope I brought with my art..:)
Thank you very much for this beautiful opportunity to share piece of my world with the viewers, hope you'll all like itJ





If you want to learn more about Valentina Brosnean, please visit:
http://www.valentinabrostean.com/



Photos copyright ©  Valentina Brostean. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 





No comments:

Post a Comment