Thursday, March 7, 2013

Two Minutes Angie: Journalist, Food Blogger. Athens, Greece.



Two Minutes Angie:" My true dream is that everyone in the world has enough good food to eat"



BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?
Two Minutes Angie: I guess... I am who I am! I have tried hard to achieve this, to surpass personal inhibitions, past fears and silly social labels and open up to anyone who is good-willing, anything that my instinct tells me to "go ahead" without future regrets. I see life as the opportunity for self-realization, be it through work, personal relations or obstacles that daily life brings to me. Challenges, new acquaintances have always been welcome at my doorstep and this is perhaps the reason why I usually go to bed , happy,  like a baby,  exhausted but peaceful and ready for the new day that starts at six in the morning. Sooo much to do and enjoy!





BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?
Two Minutes Angie:I would prefer to listen rather than tell them something. I do not have any final or important answers to give yet and the only advice I would give anyone really is to listen rather than talk. My only problem, like a true Greek, is I interrupt others a lot when they talk...





BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?
 Two Minutes Angie:My true dream is that everyone in the world has enough good food to eat, is able to cook their own nutriitious food , drink their own clean water and breathe fresh air while feeling happy and creative in what they do. All the rest is easy and up to every individual soul to decide.






BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?
Two Minutes Angie:Life is wonderful everywhere because it is ...life. Life has difficulties and presently more than ever before in all countries around the globe. However, through these difficulties, life acquires a new meaning and brings out the most in the majority of people, like undiscovered talents. I developed my blog in the middle of this crisis , unemployed and deeply concerned about all that was happening to me and others around me. I would wish to anyone who reads this lines and shares this optimism to go ahead and help whoever does not. In a few words ... "Imagine all the people" , strength is in togetherness. 






BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?
Two Minutes Angie: Absolutely yes! I would just say more "yes" to everything and everyone. Which I am happy to do so now, I say yes to everything, trying new things, exposing myself more and more. Trusting others is so healing and even though it includes an element of  risk, i.e. future possible disappointment, it also offers you strength , belief in yourself and excitement , a 24-hour interior rejuvenating cream!!!






BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?
Two Minutes Angie:I still don't know what I want to do with my life, I prefer to let Life realize what she wants to do with me! And every time she does her magic I am happy I let Life decide for me. 






BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?
Two Minutes Angie: Who are you? And who you really are?





Two Minutes Angie is a journalist and food blogger based in Athens, Greece who is interested in everything that has to do with greek food. She started her blog:
about two years ago from a personal interest to learn ...what she puts in her mouth!




 Although she has received many... indecent proposals from genetically modified foods, tired vegetables and bland products, she prefers to consume sexy greek pulses, super fresh hand-picked wild vegetables and fruits and tasty lamb after getting to know personally their producers and then cooking it for either friends or at selected restaurants or pop-up events or as a volunteer every Sunday, at the Organization Earth (a greek NGO that promotes environmental issues) where she has established a collective Sunday kitchen emphasizing nutritious, seasonal, simple and affordable foods. She also has a column at the monthly magazine "salt&pepper" and every morning you can find her downtown Athens, at the Varvakios Food Market , asking all sort of tips and information from fish mongers , herb collectors and fine butchers. Her moto? "You are what you eat"! Quite a cliche, but so true...


Photos copyright © Two Minutes Angie. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment