Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chaiyan Thotead, Doll Artist, Chiangmai, Thailand




Chaiyan Thotead: “You have the choice to create the life your heart is yearning to
live."












BPP: Who are you? And who you really are?

Chaiyan Thotead: I’m just an ordinary guy who’s got 10 fingers, hard-working and full of imagination. I like dolls so much, but I can’t buy all of what I want. So, I make my own dolls!





BPP: If you could say something important you’ve learned all these years of your life, to the other people and they were able to listen to you, what would you like to tell them?

Chaiyan Thotead: Do not think everything is impossible. Suppose there was no plane today, would you believe someone when he said he could make a huge iron fly? Just work hard and try your best for the thing you love.




BPP: What is your real dream, the one that keeps you awake at nights and if one day it will come true, you will feel your heart calm and peaceful?

Chaiyan Thotead: Making a doll is my ultimate dream, It came true but not going to the end yet. That’s funny when I told my friend if I’m going to die, just put all the dolls around me. So, I could close my eyes peacefully. Actually my young dream is to travel around the world with the one I love.






BPP: How is life for the people in your country today? What do you wish to happen to them and to the people of this planet at large?

Chaiyan Thotead: It’s really sad to say. I’m working on a beautiful dream while everything is burning in reality.


BPP: If you had the chance to be a child again, will you choose to do the same life you do?

Chaiyan Thotead: Yes, sure. I grew up in a poor family. My mom was a hair-dresser. Thank you to my childhood that I was surrounded by dreams and imaginations. Pain’s just gone when I had dinner with my family and listen to my mom and dad taught me before I went to bed. I love my childhood so much.





BPP: Which exactly was the moment you understood what you want to do in your life? How did you feel at this very moment?

Chaiyan Thotead: Before I decided to quit my full-time job as a university teacher, it took so much time to think about living my life as an artist. Now I found I made the right decision!





BPP: Something yours: Do you want to tell us something we didn’t ask you until now?

Chaiyan Thotead: I wish there could be 40 hours a day for me!












If you want to learn more about Chaiyan Thotead, please visit:












Photos copyright © by Chaiyan Thotead. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 



No comments:

Post a Comment