Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Raymond Klecker: Fine Artist. Orlando, Florida, Usa


 Raymond Klecker: "No matter what happens in my life, I always know I have art, and no matter what I am feeling, art will always lift my spirits"
















BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Raymond Klecker: My name is Raymond Klecker.  I live in Orlando, FL.  I am an artist who likes to draw, paint, write, film, photograph, or whatever involves using my imagination and the creative mind.  But who am I really?  Umm, I am actually just a really boring person who sits at a desk in front of a computer practically all day.  






BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Raymond Klecker: I would just tell them that everything is going ok.  So many people fret over what’s going to happen next, or they dwell on things they can’t have, or they are simply unhappy with where they have ended up in life.  I believe each of us has the capability to be happy, but it must be in our own unique way.  What works for me may not work for you, but if you keep digging deep enough, you will find these things that make you happy, and these things can be your lifeboat.  For some people that is mediation, or religion, or exercise.  For me it is art.  No matter what happens in my life, I always know I have art, and no matter what I am feeling, art will always lift my spirits.  So never stop digging until you find what it is that makes you truly happy.  It’s out there, and it’s waiting for you, and it’s going to make you smile.  And the more people we have smiling, the better the world will be.  :)






BPP: What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Raymond Klecker: Ι've always dreamed about winning the lottery, but since the odds of that actually happening are slim-to-none I think I would be happy if I was just able to be recognized for my work.  I want people to remember what I have done while I was on this Earth.  I want people to look at a piece of my art and say, "Oh, I have seen that before, that is a Raymond Klecker."  That would make me happy.    





BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Raymond Klecker:The United States is extremely divided right now. I saw a map of the election results from this past year and the red vs. blue states lined up almost exactly with what it looked like right before the Civil War broke out, so that is kind of scary.  There is so much tension with every issue, and no real solutions are happening.  It's a little embarrassing.  So I would really like to see us come together to repair our country before further ruining our reputation in the eyes of the world.





BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Raymond Klecker:Hmm, this is tough because I really like where I am at in my life right now, but I guess it could always be better.  I would probably take a similar path, but after knowing what I know now I would definitely do a few things different.  One thing a lot of people don't know about me is that I work on computers for a living, writing scripts and code for a large organization.  It's rewarding to me when I finish a project, but nowhere near as rewarding as when I finish a piece of art.  For one, people don't ever see that other type of work.  It could be brilliant, but people will never know.  So if I had to choose another path, I would probably focus all of my time and energy on the more artistic, creative side of life so I could share my work a lot more people. 





BPP: What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Raymond Klecker:I'm not sure if there was an exact moment, but there were definitely several moments where I stopped and thought to myself, hey, I NEED to be a creative person.  Like it is an essential part of the Klecker life equation, and because of it I am a happier person.  I remember one of these points specifically.  I was with a good friend shortly after high school.  One night he introduced me to a book on Salvador Dali, and looking at those paintings transformed me.  I was seeing things I wasn't sure if I was supposed to see or not.  This really unlocked something in my brain, and at that point I realized I would never be bored again.  I could look at anything and see things that were not meant to be there.  I still do.  Clouds, trees, shadows, patterns, anything with light and shadow.  It's almost like an uncontrollable force of inspiration.  Almost as if the creativity is a disease and the only cure is to get to work.  




BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Raymond Klecker: I just want to say thanks for including me in your project!  

If you want to learn more about Raymond Klecker, please visit:








No comments:

Post a Comment