Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Patrice Olivier Acardy, known as HEYPE 87: Visual Artist. Reunion Island, Indian Ocean



Patrice Olivier Acardy:" Only the passion must be true engine of a creative process and nothing else" -  photo by Mael Girard





BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: I'm Patrice Olivier ACARDY also known as HEYPE87. I'm 25 .Born & raised on an island called "Reunion Island" located in the Indian Ocean. I am a visual self taught artist .I started doing graffiti / street art / drawing and then I got interested in graphic design, digital illustration what led me to practice video.I am part of the collective XXIV, a fantastic team where everybody are gifted. Today in my work I try to combine everything I can do , simply creating what my mind want . In real I'm a Visual Neo Maasaï  who wandering ,tryin' survive & understand in the contemporary jungle.






BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: Must be yourself, be as authentic as possible, question yourself all the time to be able to renew and not stagnate in your mind. Most people attach too much importance to money, fame, notoriety and fantasize about a lifestyle that is not theirs. Of course the money and fame are important things to consider when you're a  creator, it's normal, but you must not fall into the vicious and perverse side of these things, anyway this can affect your own work. Only the passion must be true engine of a creative process and nothing else. Working hard without stopping is a rigor to adopt. Be surrounded by good people who believe in you is essential. Be afraid is prohibited. Make love, pray hard, no lies ^^







BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Patrice Olivier Acardy:I think my real dream is to make my mother proud of me. It is not a matter of ego but I would like my work, directly or indirectly allow people to say "that guy who was not predestined great things, he tried anyway, it does not see at first, but over time we were able to understand him and identify us to his works "and I think just the fact to hear this ,will make my mother proud.










BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: In my country life is going well, people are going goods, there is sun, pretty girls, it's cool, I just wish people from my island will be more curious and less conservative. About the planet, as long as there's racism and terrorism, things will not get better but I am not pessimistic about it because more and more people become aware of it and fight against for this cause .












BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: Of course without hesitations and without changing anything, neither my sorrows or joys.






BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: I think subconsciously I realized very early. Around the age of 4 or 5 years. I grew up in the 90s among uncles, aunts and cousins ​​who were in the trend, even my parents was interested by a lot of cool stuff. The dose of video games arcade, hip hop and rock, skate, bmx, comics, manga, movies serie B has botched more than one person of my generation. For my part, I was very marked by this, in fact this is what developed my curiosity. I remember I wanted  to learn drew  DragonBall Z characters and when I succeed it very well, I was not satisfied because I wanted already know how to draw something unique out of my mind nobody else will have already done so. My ambition was revealed at that time I think.







BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Patrice Olivier Acardy: Where would you live to work? and why?

I would like to go and live in China and / or Japan, because these two countries are reflections of what inspires me, nature, architecture, fashion, art, music, life is in perpetual motion. People from there are really open to discover things, they are ready to welcome new aesthetics, new ideas. They do things, they do not hesitate, they are endowed with a power of work and yet to a humility so amazing that I think we should take a lesson from them. Just see how much the Asian tourists are present in the world, it's crazy!!! I think now it is us to come to them, at least I understood it that way. Maybe in a few years I would be there.

When you will show us your new work?

I'm working on it, I think to update my portfolio to June 2013, so stay connected! XXIV 1987  O.E /F.L.A  :)

Patrice Olivier Acardy's drawing especially for BPProject





If you want to learn more about Patrice Olivier Acardy, please visit:



Photos copyright © Patrice Olivier Acardy. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 





No comments:

Post a Comment