Sunday, February 24, 2013

Juli Jah: Illustrator. Nuremberg, Germany


Juli Jah: "Some situations which seemed to be so mercilessly difficult you get in another light only afterwards"




BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Juli Jah: I've definitely found that often people think I'm just an party animal, which doesn't care about anything else besides basements and strangers surrounded by catchy techno music sounds. Sure, everyone knows his place in the night, but also everybody has something to show or even hide in the day light.

Good morning, my name is Juliana.
I'm living more or less the same life like many others. The only difference is that my main focus is based on drawing and it is the biggest passion I have. My speciality is interior architecture, but I prefer mechanical birds at this time. I'm definitely  not a 24 hour art person, I wish I could be, but it's impossible and probably boring. So, again, the rest of my time I'm like many others, very…. human.








BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Juli Jah: Put together all selection of things you admire and hate, make an unique mixture which you will be satisfied with and live. But the main thing, (what I'm still trying to learn) don't be scared of sadness or melancholy, because true beauty or a real art comes out of your heart  only together with anxiety you live with at the moment.








BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Juli Jah: I always wanted to live from my arts. Finally I started and it's just an early beginning, but everything is getting better and better. I still need to work a lot for being well paid artist who doesn't need to do any other job apart making arts.
At last, I want my art being useful not only for me and my material needs, but for everyone or at least for some of those who gets in touch with pieces I create.





BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Juli Jah: My country is Lithuania, and always will be, even if I'm not really planning to go back there in nearly years. Lithuania, especially a capital Vilnius- my hometown is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Even though I'm the person who likes discovering what isn't discovered yet, so at the moment I live in Germany, maybe I will move to Japan in the future, who knows.
I wish for everybody to explore, accept and try to understand culture of others, that makes you intelligent and incredibly rich.





BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Juli Jah: I would not change anything and wouldn't choose another life. Maybe I would not take things so seriously as I always did (and still do). Some situations which seemed to be so mercilessly difficult you get in another light only afterwards.







BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Juli Jah: I'm drawing since I remember myself, but to be honest, I also had another passion. I was really into bones and dead animals when I was small (4-5 year old child was running his own little cemetery  for dead animals. Looking for bones in the ground and trying to figure out who they belong to). The archeology seemed to be super interesting. Later I decided that all ancient things already got found and I'm not interested in this stuff anymore, so fine arts were the answer for all of my future questions.








BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?

Juli Jah: Do not try to be adorable for everybody. Being adorable for everybody is very wrong.





Juli Jah' s drawing for BPProject


If you want to learn more about Juli Jah, please visit:





Photos copyright © Juli Jah. All rights reserved.

ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 











No comments:

Post a Comment