Friday, December 21, 2012

Ian Ward: Self Taught Artist, Folkestone, Kent, UK


Ian Ward's portrait




Ian Ward: " Shout as loud as you can through your art. But, never paint to fit in. Paint hard. Paint your heart out!"




BPP: Who are you?  And who you really are?

Ian Ward: I'm a Husband and a Dad. A working man and also a self taught artist living in England.

Destroy Them All My Morning Star Take Back The Light And You Shall Find Redemption


BPP: If you could say something important to others who were listening, what would you tell them?

Ian Ward: Whatever you chose to do with your life make sure it's what you really  want. And, be true to yourself. There'll be a lot of mistakes made along the way. Learn from them. There'll be a lot of people that will want to take you down. Don't let them. Don't enter a war of words with those that want to hurt you. This is what they want. Don't give it to them. Shout as loud as you can through your art. But, never paint to fit in. Paint hard. Paint your heart out!

Reclamation


Sebastian


BPP:  What is your true dream, the one that keeps you up at night and if one day it were to come true you would feel peace and calmness in your heart?

Ian Ward: It would be great to get up and head for the studio first thing in the morning rather than go and do a day job. To be able to create for a living would be very rewarding. I have a lot of things that I really want try out with my art.

Quiet now my dear, do not make a sound


THE DEATH OF LANA'S NIGHTMARE (After, Henry Fuseli's The Nightmare 1781)


BPP: How is life currently for the people in your country and what would you wish for them and for the planet at large?

Ian Ward: As far as living in England is concerned, It rains a lot. The economy is crap. Other than that it's great! 
All jokes aside, I think there are far too many things that now need fixing, not just in the UK but the world as a whole, that I doubt we'll see put right for a long time.

 Outcast


PURIFY


BPP: If you had a chance to be a child again would you choose the same life?

Ian Ward: I wouldn't change a thing. Whatever I've been through and whatever has happened has lead me to this point. So I thank you for including me in this truly great project. It's greatly appreciated.

Your Darkness Is A Light To Me


 Some what Damaged


Voo De Vil


BPP:  What was the exact moment that you realized what you wanted to do with your life?  How did you feel at this very moment?

Ian Ward: Seeing Salvador Dali's work for the first time when I was a young boy was the exact moment. It was a brilliant moment for me. I'd not seen any thing like ''The Persistence Of Memory'' before. A magical moment that has stayed with me to this day.

MONSIER COTEREAU LE TUEUR DE VAMPIRE COURAGEUX


Donnie Super Beast Green


Lord Reynolds Of The Empire


BPP: Would you like to tell us something we didn’t ask until now?
Ian Ward: I'm a good cook.

Ian Ward's portrait


Ian Ward's drawing especially created for BPP



If you want to learn more about Ian Ward, please visit:


Photos copyright by Ian Ward. All rights reserved.




ALL CONTENT © ISMINI KARALI 2011 - 2012. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 










No comments:

Post a Comment